The Darkest Star

So here is the review of THE DARKEST STAR



Just to tell you a little bit of the book: Is the first book of the Origin Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.. This is a Spin off of the Lux Series.


Synopsis:


When seventeen-year-old Evie Dasher is caught up in a raid at a notorious club known as one of the few places where humans and the surviving Luxen can mingle freely, she meets Luc, an unnaturally beautiful guy she initially assumes is a Luxen...but he is in fact something much more powerful. Her growing attraction for Luc will lead her deeper and deeper into a world she'd only heard about, a world where everything she thought she knew will be turned on its head...

PERSONAL OPINION:

Okay okay I'm not too sure where to start with this book!! There is a lot of things to say about.. I was waiting for this book for more than a year!! 

When I finally got the ARC in my kindle I was so excited and I start reading it immediately.. 

But then I star reading it and I was a little bit disappointment, I read about the first 40% percent of the book and the book didn´t involve me.. I was waiting like Lux Series that the book catch your attention since the first couple of pages, and then you can´t stop reading.. well that didn´t happen in this book, and then there was this little details that I said.. Really Jenn?? Like the first time that Daemon appears in the book, I felt that his appearance was unnecessary in that moment, I felt that Daemon deserves a better entrance in this book, but noup. 

But around the 50% of the book, Oh God.. Honestly I didn´t sleep last night, is like when you are in a roller coaster, and it starts going up and up and up and the adrenaline starts growing inside of  you and then you get to the top and suddenly you are coming down really fast and you start feeling a lot of things at the same time that you cannot even describe them!! Well that´s how I felt with this book when I start reading the second half of the book.. 

I hope you can see the chat with my friend, I was sending her my reactions while I read and actually those are some of them: "Omg Omg Omg Omg, he is doing it again!!!" " Omg What the Hell??? Whaaat??? OMG OMG look this" 

 And at this point, I finish it around 3 hours ago and I´m still not sure if I love it or I hate it..
And the reason is this: there are some parts of the book that I´m so confuse, especially at the beginning, there are some details that I´m like... "Hold on, I thought that an Origin can´t do that" and then, the world after the invasion, I hate it, I hate how the world is for the Luxens.. But also I love the second half of the book, what happen next, I never expect that, and then I never expect what happen next after that neither, so is like pfff a big wooow.. Also there are other little details like when Luc said, I hear about a girl that run in front of a truck... And you get so excited because you know he is talking about Kat, even though we just see Daemon and Archer in the book.. 

And there are a lot of things to say but I´m just going to finish with: there were good people that now is evil, and there were people that it is suppose were death but are alive. 

I receive this ARC in change of an honest review

Comentarios

Entradas populares