Perfect Harmony - Emily Albright

So days ago I was looking for a new book to read, usually when I don´t have any idea of what to read next and I start looking for a new book, I choose it by its cover, that is the first thing that have to catch my attention, and this is the cover of the book:






I was like.. yeii music, I like it so I decide to read the synopsis…


Pippa Wyndham is a top cellist―she’d never settle for anything less. Determined to get into the nation’s most prestigious music college, nothing’s going to stand in her way . . . Until her senior year of high school when a new guy from a fancy New York conservatory transfers to her school.

Declan Brogan’s cocky, and he knows how amazing he is at the cello. He has every intention of knocking Pippa out of first chair and showing her who really belongs on top. Forced together when assigned a duet, their personal competition and mutual dislike transform into a teasing friendship.

Torn between her childhood crush and the boy who threatens her dreams, Pippa finds herself at risk of losing her best friend, her future, and the boy who makes her heart melt. Struggling to make things right, Pippa discovers that sometimes the thing you want the most doesn’t always end up being the thing you need.
 


And after read that, I was 100% into the book, I didn´t hesitate to request the book, I got it immediately and of course at eleven at night I started reading it.


The book catch your attention from the first couple of pages, since the beginning you find problems, drama, boys, music, and who doesn´t like that?



Back home, I was section leader. I plan on keeping that position here. You´ve just been keeping the seat warm for me. Thanks, Princess.


Yeah, that is Declan our Romeo of the book, I have to admit that at the beginning I was TeamNoah, but then Declan start doing his way to my heart and now I´m TeamDeclan.. Sorry Noah!!!


Declan it´s handsome, a sexy musician, funny, passionate, smart, and he is an amazing kisser!! On the other hand we have Noah, her eternal crush, he is a beautiful blondy guy, an athletic, popular, he is funny and really cares about Pippa, our protagonist. And Pippa is our lucky girl, she is a talent cellist, she has a twin brother, Phillip that is the best friend of Noah. 


I like them both. Only one if them made me see stars.


The characters in this book are amazing, they are strong characters, easy to define each one, you don´t confuse them or forget their names, because they are well describe and Emily did an awesome job creating each of them..


Also I have to say that I read 70% of the book in one sit.. BUT there are things that I don´t like about this book, and that´s why I'm giving 3 stars of 5.. There are those little details, like the relation between the twins, I mean they are TWINS, they should have this awesome relation of twins, but no, they have a good relation, but just that, a relation between siblings, I feel like they do not have that "thing" that the twins usually have.


Another thing that I don´t like it, has a name, and it is Quinn, I hate her, she is the "Best Friend" of Pippa and she was a B****, I don´t think she deserves the end that she had. 


No, I've seen the way you look at him, and the way he looks at you. It´s the way you used to look at me. No... everything´s change. It's all different.




And then, this is like the worst thing for me in all the book.. The author didn´t transmite me the feeling that Pippa or Declan or any of then were feeling, for example, Pippa loves her cello and it´s the most important thing for her, it is her passion, and I understand that because I´m a musician too.. but the book should make me want to be like Pippa, to have the same passion of her, I it doesn't. The book doesn't make you want to be like Pippa or be in her shoes, didn´t transmite you any feeling or emotion, especially at the end, the last ten percent of the book was really flat for me. 


So this is my recommendation, if you enjoy book of musicians (but not the kind of rock stars) you may enjoy this book buuuuut if you don't like a book relate with music, I'm afraid you may not enjoy it. But anyway I DON'T regret read this book. 









Comentarios

Entradas populares